General Info | Tourist Destination | Government
As to how the town got its name, the old people of Caramoran theorized that their town is only separated almost 2 kilometers by Maqueda Channel from Caramoran, the place also abound in “cara”, the turtle’s percious shell made into combs, bowls, and decor materials . Another version is the fact that Caramoran is a place where “namo”, wild plants which grow in vines and gives edible roots, are plentiful.
In 1906, the municipality was fused to Pandan, only to be resurrected as an independent municipality upon the incessant demand of the Caramoranons under the leadership of the late Don Camilo Rubio. The former Congressman Francisco Perfecto fathered the bill recreating Caramoran as an independent municipality. On August 29, 1948, then President Elpidio Quirino issued Executive Order No. 159, regaining the independence of Caramoran.
Land Area: 25,240 hectares
No. of Barangays: 27
Town Fiesta: June 23-24
Patron Saint: St. John the Baptist
Potential Tourist Attraction: Toytoy Beach, Sabang Beach, Ab-haw Falls, Garagag Falls, Palumbanes Island